Frequently Ask Questions
Last updated: August 26, 2017
- How do I save an article and capture insights?
- I saved an article but it does not show properly. What can I do?
- What makes a good insight?
- How do I properly tag an insight?
With Glopinion you can supercharge the intelligence of your network. No matter where you are and what you read – from online magazines to journal articles to kindle books, a smart content engine allows you to store your readings and then capture and connect key insights in a personal insight cloud.
If you are working with others, be it in project teams, professional or simply interest-based networks, Glopinion facilitates a trusted peer-review process which rapidly surfaces the most important insights.
No matter if you are working alone or in groups, a simple dialogue interface enables you to tap into your own and external insight networks and establish automated briefing reports on a topic, project or other parameter.
How do I save an article and capture insights?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, other information (“Personal Information”).
Glopinion allows you to store readings and capture insights on virtually any browser platform, as well as on iOS and Android.
Saving articles on iOS:
- Install the Glopinion app and sign in.
- Activate the Glopinion extension in your Safari browser: click on the “Share” button, then click on “More”, find “Glopinion”, and switch it on.
- Open any article in your Safari browser, click on the “Share” button, and then click on the Glopinion icon.
- Open the article in the inbox of the app and highlight any section of the text to capture insights.
Saving articles on Android:
Soon will be available.
Saving articles from the web browser:
- Install the “Save to Glopinion” browser extension, available for Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
- Open any article in your browser and click on the “Glopinion” icon; a new tab opens, and you are invited to start capturing insights right away.
Please click on the following links to install your extension:
Saving articles via email:
- Note down your secret email address. You can find it on your profile page.
- Send the URL of the article you would like to save to your secret email address. If several URLs are found in the body of your email, the content engine will only capture and save the first.
- As soon as the article is saved in your inbox you will receive a confirmation email which invites you to start reading and capturing insights.
- If the subject line matches text from the article, it will be saved as an insight and associated with your projects.
I saved an article but it does not show properly. What can I do?
There are unfortunately websites that do not allow to be saved by our capture mechanism. We are constantly improving our algorithm to make sure that as much content as possible can be saved with Glopinion. If you want to help us improve the app, please contact us and send us the link you could not save.
What makes a good insight?
You will want to capture the most relevant insights from your articles. You will need some context, so it is rarely just one sentence. The best insights state a fact and offer an interpretation of this fact that is unique.
How do I properly tag an insight?
Providing your insight with the right topic tag is important. This is how you and others will be able to retrieve those insights later in the explore tab. You will want to be consistent and apply tags that are useful in the context of our project.